Blocked aliphatic polyisocyanate (HDI homopolymer), supplied at 75 % solids in aromatic solvent.
|Colour||≤40 HAZEN (APHA)|
|Viscosity at 25°C||2500 – 4000 mPa.s|
|NCO (available after deblocking)||11.2 ±0.5 %|
|Solids content||75.0±2.0 %|
|Free NCO||< 0.2 %|
The analytical methods are available upon request
|Bulk density at 25°C||1060 kg/m3 approx.|
|Weight per US gallon||8.85 lbs approx.|
|Flash point (closed cup)||49°C approx.|
|Equivalent weight (on delivery form)||375 g approx.|
Soluble in esters, ketones, aromatic hydrocarbons. In most cases, esters/aromatic hydrocarbon mixtures are used.
Tolonate™ D2 is typically used as a crosslinker of hydroxylated polymers notably polyesters and polyacrylates to prepare heat activated one component polyurethane systems for weatherable coatings giving excellent mechanical properties in conjunction with outstanding resistance to solvents, abrasion and chemical products. Tolonate™ D2 is commonly used in Automotive OEM formulations, can and coil coatings and other general industrial coatings on metal. The curing conditions are generally 20 to 40 minutes at 140-160°C (285-305°F) or 30 to 35 seconds at 320°C (PMT = 232 / 241°C).
Packaging and transport
Packaging (please contact our sales team for more details)
- US origin: 215 kg net metallic drum
- France origin: deliveries of 860 kg net weight pallets (4 drums of 215 kg netweight).
- Other packaging: upon request
- Regulated. For more precise details, please refer to the safety data sheet
Storage conditions and shelf-life:
- Tolonate™ D2 is not affected by moisture at room temperatue.
- Appropriate storage for two years does not normally affect Tolonate™ D2 in anyway if it is stored in its sealed original drums inusual storage condition, at temperatures bellow 40°C.